Monday, May 19, 2014

(week*21)



The DLP challenge for this week:
use embroidery floss or thread on the page

Straight stitching and french knots fulfilled the challenge. Machine stitching around the edge added the thread, too. 
My word of the year is GRACE, so I included a favorite scripture verse on grace.
The postage stamp was on one of my happy mail envelopes as were the bits on the inside - the flowers on the left, the leaves cut from vintage paper (it was about growing plants!) and another stamp.
The inside is not terribly cohesive, but it is my journal, for jotting down the week's events. 
I wanted to include the happy mail things to remember.

***

Today I am back up in the work space to sew more buntings.
Have an excellent day, my dears.
D xo

3 comments:

  1. I love those paper leaves! How creative...I wish I was in a challenge of some sort....as it is....I do about nothing creative. Its different though with hubby retired...always someplace to go. Fun but busy...and meanwhile...the cobwebs are starting to spell out 'spring cleaning please'....being older is a license to slow down and put off a bit. I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M~ This is why I got into the DLP. One piece a week, I can do. I am not an every day page person. My house would be a wreck with all the stuff out to do them. :) Enjoy the retirement season with the hubs. It is fun to be able to just go and do when you like.

      Delete