Tuesday, May 13, 2014

(week*20)


The *DLP challenge for this week was to use a stamp in a different way.
I am fairly certain that this is not unique, but it was different for me.
I began by spraying alcohol inks over stencils and dripping the ink here and there on the pages. 
The face image was stamped on tissue paper, then modpodged down. The tissue will disappear and the image will look as if it had been stamped directly onto the paper. I could have done that, but wanted to use a different process.
The butterflies (Martha Stewart stamps) were stamped on inked vintage hymnbook pages, cut out and glued down.
Gold paint and Martha's rose quartz glitter were then added.
The face stamp is from Hampton Arts.
I enjoyed the challenge very much!

*Documented Life Project

2 comments:

  1. What delightfull eye candy! I'm going to try the tissue paper technique....thank you Dawn for sharing that! Isn't that how you put pictures on candles....come to think of it??

    ReplyDelete