Thursday, November 09, 2006

(advent calendar)



I started this last week before leaving for the Quilting Retreat. The stuff has been on one end of my dining room table all this week...and I am so glad to have this finished!!! YAY! This one will go to my grands (M,C, &Z) out near NYC. I am planning another for little E and the new baby...just have to get another cookie sheet. My kids always loved advent calendars...even if they peeked at all the windows ahead of time. By the time the twinnie boys came along, the paper windows were getting pretty worn. As I look at this one, I can almost guarantee that my grandson, C, will be the first one up every day...just to put the next number on. Right, C??

:o)

Inspiration for this came from the wonderfully talented Teresa McFayden. More ideas can be found at Two Peas. Just go to the peanut gallery and type advent calendar into the search box. Rebecca Sower also has an amazing calendar posted over at her blog.

Off I go to get some over and over work done...

...later...

23 comments:

  1. Oh I just saw Teresa's yesterday on her blog and thought it was wonderful and now here is another one! Yours turned out terrific too Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it turned out beautifully! I need to make one of these for my kiddos, thanks for th inspiration and the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy12:47 PM

    I love this Dawn it is such an interesting mix of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LauraJ1:54 PM

    that is just awesome! you have quite the talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun thing to make for the kids...It looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cool! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love advent calendars! Yours is unique and will make a beautiful gift. Advent calendars are a holiday tradition in our house - and even though my children are 17 & 21 it just wouldn't be Christmas without one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm lovin' that calendar. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. Our teenage son wants an advent calendar this year. I'll be visiting the links now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want one!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! I just love all the little details. We have a calendar that tells part of the story of Jesus' birth each day. It's a wonderful teaching tool, but it's UGLY! I might keep the pieces but make a new calendar to put them on someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just the CUTEST thing... love it!!
    Jennifer R.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dawn, you must be such a fun person! I love seeing what you've been making. I always do...=).

    ReplyDelete
  15. so much Christmas fun...Nel

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is SO cool!!! I want to try it now! Totally cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dawn...how fun and beautiful is this...i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love it!!!! Advent calendars are one of my favorite things and yours looks so fun! Very creative!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the advent calendar! You are so clever - who wouldn't love to have this everyday in December?!
    Leanne Beasley, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  20. You seem to be such a creative person! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your advent calendar is very wonderful and creative! Thanks for the links.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete